Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Steam & Excursion > Following Yard Goat - PDC (Prairie Dog Central) in Sept

Date: 09/29/11 16:30
Following Yard Goat - PDC (Prairie Dog Central) in Sept
Author: oldhound

Following up on Steve's post, here are a few shots from the Sept long weekend at the Prairie Dog Central, in Winterpeg MB.

It will be awhile before I get the slides scanned, but I snapped a few digital images as well that might give you glimpse of this great old engine.

The shots are:

1) Leaving the depot at Inkster Junction
2) On the Wye near the depot
3) Arriving at Grosse Isle the rain was coming down in sheets.

on part two of the message:

4) One of the veterans, Bernie Simons, of the PDC showed up to see his old engine run. When I saw Bernie standing there I figured it would make for a great nostalgic shot. While I would have liked to get a better composition, I figured it was better to capture the moment before it was gone.
5) Geoff (or is that Jeff?) getting ready for a day of fun.

If any of the folks from the PDC are reading this, (especially Brian, Jeff, Ron and Albert) a BIG THANK YOU, for the hospitality and for keeping this lovely engine running.

Cheers,
Karl

Date: 09/29/11 16:31
Re: Following Yard Goat - PDC (Prairie Dog Central) in

The remaining 2 images...

Date: 09/29/11 17:44
Author: YG

Beautiful shots, Karl. I hope you post more!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 09/29/11 18:01
Author: kurtarmbruster

Very nifty shots, sir! I particularly like no. 1, and the image of the fireman in the cab--great feeling for what a steam loco cab is like. She is kind of a cute little pup at that. Kurt.

Date: 09/29/11 19:44

Thanks for the kind responses, but forgot to mention that the grain in the last two images was intentional (shot at 12,800 ISO) to get the grain effect. I know that it can be done with PS after the fact, but I am not a big PS'er and would rather do it in-camera.

Cheers,
Karl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/11 19:46 by oldhound.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds