Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Steam & Excursion > nkp 765 and her crew

Date: 10/18/11 19:06
nkp 765 and her crew
Author: nycstl

First picture 765 getting coal in Boston Mills on the CVR. (Jeff Rayner and Aron Sherman)
Second picture HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Third picture 765 in Milan, Michigan ( October 17, 2011)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/11 19:08 by nycstl.

Date: 10/18/11 19:26
Re: nkp 765 and her crew

These 3 pictures are of 765 heading home after 8 weekends of steam excursions and a week at Rock Island's train festival. 2011 was a long and busy year for the 765 and her crew, but it was well worth it!!!

Date: 10/18/11 19:33

First picture 765 coming into New Haven this afternoon.
Last one I am sorry I just had to put this in. My little Courtney in the cab after I had fired 765 into Canton, Ohio

Date: 10/18/11 19:51
Author: DR

Awesome pictures and good to see you left Milan. Glad you guys had a great year and successful runs! You guys are great bunch to work with and it would be a pleasure to do it again.

Dane Reynolds
Owosso, MI

Date: 10/18/11 20:48
Author: UPTRAIN

I wish I'd gotten to see her run this year. Gives me something to do in 2012! Best of luck to you guys, and of course a thanks to NS Corp for towing you guys around.

Pump

Date: 10/19/11 05:38

yes I agree with you 100%. If it was not for NS bending over backward and doing everything in their power we would have not ran anything this year or the 2 years before that. Also as Dane said we realy do have a bunch of great guys. Even though we all have different careers, different additudes, no matter what our opions are and no matter how long the day is we ALL work great together and do what ever it takes to have the 765 ready for each and every trip. A prime example is the minor problem with the spring rigging. We all had regular jobs to be at, but we took the time off to get the engine apart and fixed. Thanks to all that supports the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, the 765 and to all those who BOUGHT TICKETS. Donations and buying tickets for 765 trips are the only reason that the 765 can runs each year.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/19/11 06:32
Author: ctjacks

What is the car being pulled at the end of the train on NS? Is that a former ArtTrain car?

Date: 10/19/11 11:31
Author: nathansixchime

We've purchased two of the former US Army Hospital cars in the photos for use as a future tool/crew car replacement and a souvenir car. They'll join our other US Army Hospital car, where future plans hope to make it an ADA accessible passenger car, while retaining some of its historic features. Three cars of the same design, same wheels, and attributes all serving different needs.

KL
FWRHS

Date: 10/19/11 13:01
Author: Hillcrest

I think he was referring to the paint job on the last car Kelly...it looks, like ,totally psychedelic man...and what's with the pumpkins on the pilot deck?? Those Berks didn't have pumpkins on the pilot deck in regular service, and if they did they wouldn't be that small or round, they would be taller and oblong-shaped, with the stems pointing toward the headlight!...I just don't know what you guys are thinking...

Cheers, Keysto...er, Dave

Date: 10/19/11 14:21

Hillcrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he was referring to the paint job on the
> last car Kelly...it looks, like ,totally
> psychedelic man...and what's with the pumpkins on
> the pilot deck?? Those Berks didn't have pumpkins
> on the pilot deck in regular service, and if they
> did they wouldn't be that small or round, they
> would be taller and oblong-shaped, with the stems
> pointing toward the headlight!...I just don't know
> what you guys are thinking...
>
> Cheers, Keysto...er, Dave

Here we go again. lol Look guys at what I started!!! We could have put flags on the pilot again. And if you look very closely there are 2 of these cars behind the toolcar, not just one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/11 14:27 by nycstl.

Date: 10/19/11 16:55
Author: nathansixchime

In the night they look like we derailed into a paint factory, Marx Brother style!

Date: 10/19/11 18:31
Author: NKP779

The unconventional paint job on these two Army Hospital Cars was for the Tennessee 200 exhibit train that was in service a decade or so ago.

Date: 10/19/11 18:36
Author: 1003-2719-1385-engr

I was guilty of one pumpkin Saturday night after we tied up... :P

They were right there and we wanted to be in the seasonal spirit, I see for the ride home the lone pumpkin was found a mate.. :)

Date: 10/19/11 22:08
Author: DR

SO IT WAS YOU THAT TOOK MY PUMPKINS!!!! MY PATCH IS EMPTY!!!! I WANT THEM BACK!!! LMAO!!! I guess I can forgive ya this time as they looked cool..... But not as cool as the Michigan State flags we we're flying on the ride from Owosso - Milan on Monday.
Dane Reynolds
Owosso, MI

Date: 10/20/11 18:28
Author: 1003-2719-1385-engr

They will regrow.. :) I think some red flags with a big white W on it would go good on the front of the engine. Our Badgers play in East Lansing Saturday... :)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0662 seconds