Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Steam & Excursion > PRR steam on TV *TONITE*

Date: 02/27/12 20:19
PRR steam on TV *TONITE*
Author: chico

If you are a cable subscriber and get the RFD-TV network, you will want to set your DVR for Trains & Locomotives as this episode is "Pennsylvania RR Vol. 1" and it shows much PRR steam footage from the last days. I'm only 1/2 way thru the episode, I taped it earlier tonight, but it airs again at 3am CENTRAL tonight/Tues AM. Good color footage of LIRR steam excursion and PRR K4s on the NY&LB in their final years of service there. Much footage from S. Amboy. You will want to see this.
Good stuff.

chico
http://www.heartlandrails.com

Date: 02/28/12 03:36
Re: PRR steam on TV *TONITE*
Author: Panamerican99

Glad you enjoyed it. There are more volumes of Pennsylvania Glory not on RFD.
-JH

Date: 02/28/12 09:01
Author: Frisco1522

Damned Charter doesn't carry this channel, only 150 others that we don't watch.

Date: 02/28/12 09:22

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damned Charter doesn't carry this channel, only
> 150 others that we don't watch.

I'm a charter subscriber, fyi.

also, the RFD-TV network online offers programming subscriptions, I think it's $15/mo.

chico

Date: 02/28/12 11:22
Author: CarolVoss

Frisco1522 Wrote:
> Damned Charter doesn't carry this channel, only
> 150 others that we don't watch.

In our area we refer to Charter as the cable company from hell.
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 02/28/12 16:24
Author: Frisco1522

Charter works fine for us. We have the "Bundle" and it's all been problem free for a long time. I'd trade the Orka Winfrey channel for RFD-TV. Guess it's time to email them and bug about it again.

Date: 02/28/12 18:55

Frisco1522 Wrote:
> Charter works fine for us. We have the "Bundle"
> and it's all been problem free for a long time.
> I'd trade the Orka Winfrey channel for RFD-TV.
> Guess it's time to email them and bug about it
> again.

I have the expanded package, came with the bundle my wife signed up for (phone, hi speed internet, cable), cable includes two of my fav.channels, Military and RFD (for that one program, anything else on there I don't care about) plus the premium channels ie HBO, etc. maybe it's a regional thing w/charter, some stuff available in some markets, others not.

chico

Date: 02/28/12 19:37
Author: CarolVoss

chico Wrote:
> Frisco1522 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Charter works fine for us. We have the "Bundle"
> > and it's all been problem free for a long time.
>
> > I'd trade the Orka Winfrey channel for RFD-TV.
>
> > Guess it's time to email them and bug about it
> > again.
>
>
> I have the expanded package, came with the bundle
> my wife signed up for (phone, hi speed internet,
> cable), cable includes two of my fav.channels,
> Military and RFD (for that one program, anything
> else on there I don't care about) plus the premium
> channels ie HBO, etc. maybe it's a regional
> thing w/charter, some stuff available in some
> markets, others not.
>
> chico
>
Yes, it is a regional thing. We live here in Prunedale northeast of Salinas and Charter is/was the cable company of choice which (at least until 3 years ago) offered 59 channels, no internet, no high speed, no nothing and if you wanted HBO you had to pay $13 for the channel. Our friends who lived over the hill in Hollister could get "the whole package" but where we are in "the black hole" of Prunetucky. We could only get DSL thru a local provider Redshift, which happened to be owned at the time by our neighbor 2 doors away and we got it from his antenna. THen ATT came here about 2 1/2 years ago and we switched to them for DSL. But for a full spectrum of TV channels we had to choose between DIsh and DIrect and we chose DIrect because we got the local channels for news as opposed to news from LA or whatever from DIsh. ALl of that may have changed since we switched but lemme tell you, our years with Charter Cable were pure hell. Where we live we cannot get Comcast either, and AT&T Uverse is not an option though we have ATT land lines and AT&T for our iPHone and iPad. Go figger. I have no clue about any of it other than today my DIrectV bill is $4 higher than the last bill so I will have to go into pushbutton hell with them tomorrow to find out why!! :-)
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 02/28/12 21:24
Author: webmaster

We cut the cord all together about a year ago. There is no broadcast television in our house. We have a Roku Internet player ( http://www.roku.com ) and watch programming on Netflix and buy or rent newer shows from Amazon.com. Still cheaper than cable and satellite. We don't watch sports and it seems the only thing on television these days is stupid reality television and endless political talk shows with people screaming at each other. As a family we are much better off with a lot of quality time together instead of sitting in front of the tube.

Someday when enough people have these boxes I will build a trainorders channel. So far not many have these devices.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 02/29/12 06:26

Carol and Todd,

Just for the record I am no lover of charter. I'd love to cut the cord but my better half has to have her hoarders/intervention tV bS programming.. (she sees me with all my RR 'oollectables' lol)

like i mentioned, a person can subscribe to the network that carries the particular programming I mentioned at a cost of 15/mo. actually, it'd better off to buy the dvd's of the program.

todd you may be interested to know that even tho I grew up in an era of B&W tv with only 3 channels (one of them fuzzy), we as kids were NOT allowed to watch TV (the ONE in the house) on a routine basis. I used to complain because I couldn't watch Ed Sullivan :( very often

Andy Griffith show was on the "approved list" so was wild kingdom

chico

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1199 seconds