Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Steam & Excursion > Milwaukee Road 261 - Getting Closer

Date: 04/17/12 07:41
Milwaukee Road 261 - Getting Closer
Author: YG

Milwaukee Road 261 last steamed on the weekend of September 13-14, 2008. Since then the locomotive was purchased from the National Railway Museum and restoration for another 15 years of service is nearing completion.

These three scenes are all from that weekend of gloomy weather. The first is from the Saturday EB trip shortly after departing Minneapolis Junction. The second scene is the Sunday EB from the Jackson Street bridge in St. Paul (near the Minnesota Transportation Museum Roundhouse). The final shot is WB as 261 approaches Minneapolis Junction where its Harrison Street shop building is located.

Boiler tubes are currently being installed and testing may begin in June or July. Possibly some short trips near home may also occur this summer.

Will we have a steam powered Fall Color Trip this year? Become a member and get updates and special offers at http://www.261.com.

Thanks,
Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/17/12 09:13
Re: Milwaukee Road 261 - Getting Closer
Author: co614

Thanks Steve for that posting.

May I add my request that all who can afford to do so make a contribution through the linked website as the 261 is one of the very few mainline steam efforts we have and needs all the support it can get. The Sandburg family goes way beyond the call of duty to keep this great program alive and the more support we can generate the greater the chances for its continued operation and success.

Thanks, Ross Rowland

Date: 04/17/12 19:36
Author: Keystone1

Ross, I agree.

Date: 04/18/12 09:06
Author: Mudrock

I was on that trip. Thanks for all the memeories and please all donate what you can to the Milwaukee Road 261.

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1015 seconds