Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Steam & Excursion > MRSR To Tacoma for LeMay Grand Opening

Date: 05/29/12 19:56
MRSR To Tacoma for LeMay Grand Opening
Author: Macster

MRSR (Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad) will be heading to Tacoma, Friday, June 1st. Unknown departure from time Mineral but figure between 11a-1pm with an arrival in Tacoma around 4-6pm.

Trains will operate out of Freighthouse Square, with the first runs Saturday and Sunday, starting at 10am. This is in conjunction with the grand opening of the LeMay Auto Museum, June 2nd and 3rd.

We will be returning to Mineral after 4pm with 5 coaches (our 2 new coaches). Consist will be the Northern Pacific 7012A and the Polson Logging Co. #70.

Have fun everyone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/12 20:06 by Macster.

Date: 05/29/12 22:58
Re: MRSR To Tacoma for LeMay Grand Opening
Author: Hillcrest

Dammit you guys, that's my girlfriends birthday! Rats....

Cheers, Dave

Date: 05/30/12 10:30
Author: CPRR

Hillcrest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dammit you guys, that's my girlfriends birthday!
> Rats....
>
> Cheers, Dave

Come on Dave, what girlfriend would not like to spend a day either photographing trains, or riding them :)

Pop the question to her in the cab. Romantic....

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/30/12 13:34

Hilarious...she's a pretty good sport, even after the surprise trip to Portland for NTD when 4449 was there, but this could put her right over the edge...

Cheers, Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/12 14:05 by Hillcrest.

Date: 05/30/12 20:15
Author: up833

Give her your credit card and let her cruz the shops in the Freighthouse.
RB

Date: 06/01/12 09:01

Woah...She just mentioned something about the "Melting Pot" which is right down the street..."oh, look over there" I'll say. There's no getting out of it then...But seriously, if you live in the area or feel like a road trip you should check these guys out. Great crew, great looking and running locomotive, plus the New Museum...

Cheers, Dave

Date: 06/01/12 17:54
Author: zuco74

Went down to talk to the folks at Tacoma Rail to see if they had an ETA for the steam train. They said sometime around 8PM. I could not hang around so we went back to Seattle.

Tony

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds