Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chelatchie Prairie RR Buys Crosset-Western #10!!

Date: 11/19/12 04:48
Chelatchie Prairie RR Buys Crosset-Western #10!!
Author: LoggerHogger

This is a follow up to my story last month about the saga of the Crossett-Western 2-8-2T #10. The litigation is over and the successful owners have sold the engine to the railroad she has seen some time running on. Here is the official announcement:

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE CHELATCHIE PRAIRIE RAILROAD HAS JUST PURCHASED A STEAM ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are now the FULL OWNERS of the 1929 Alco 2-8-2 Crossett Western #10. And also announcing that the BYCX will be offering steam...trains starting next year! Now we could use your support! All donations through the rest of the year are going to the costs of the #10 restoration. We have a wine run coming up on November 24, 2012 and all proceeds go to the #10 restoration fund. So please join us on that date.

We will also be using the donations received during our Christmas Runs as well. So if you can, come see us at Christmas!

We at The Chelatchie Prairie Railroad thank you guys for all the support that you give!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/12 04:54 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 11/19/12 06:28
Re: Chelatchie Prairie RR Buys Crosset-Western #10!!
Author: YG

Great news Martin!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 11/19/12 08:28
Author: rehunn

From a business standpoint, that could be a very successful operation, good to see the engine having both a good
home and be put to good use.

Date: 11/19/12 09:05
Author: asheldrake

This is indeed GREAT news Martin. Sounds like another Trainmaster article in your future if you choose to accept....
(sounds like an old TV show)....

We all need to help get the word out.

the challenge is getting folk to Yacolt............Arlen

Date: 11/19/12 09:12

Arlen,

Aren't folks going to get tired seeing another Trainmaster article from me?

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/12 09:13 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 11/19/12 10:16
Author: PennRailVideos

Great work! I'll be sending a donation out asap... I have a soft spot for these logging tank engines.

Date: 11/19/12 16:10
Author: train671

When this engine operated on this line a few years back it was so enjoyable to ride and also to chase. They have a short tunnel, a steep grade, a bridge (I think it will be repaired for next season) and a great crew. Great news to hear they will soon be back
in business. It is a beautiful drive over to the little depot so once they announce they are open for business "they will come."

Date: 11/19/12 18:53
Author: Uncle-Ed

The track crew has been hard at work installing new ties and replacing bolts this past weekend. The bridge is open from my understanding, however.. there is still a lot of work to do on the track from the bridge to Heisson. We look forward to seeing everyone on the Christmas tree runs!

Ed

Date: 11/20/12 21:30
Author: LJohnson

It will be great to see the 10 spot running again! It was a great loco to run! Luke

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/21/12 07:19

Luke

You have your work cut out for you on the re-a ssembly.

Martin

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds