Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Steam & Excursion > Just curious...

Date: 11/25/12 18:12
Just curious...
Author: patd3985

I was just wondering if anybody ever thought about putting the narrow guage tracks back in between Durango,Colo. and Chama,New Mex.? That would sure be great to link the 2 railroads again! I know it would probably cost a huge amount of $$$'s, not to mention the problems with property rights. Any other problems or ideas on the subject? Like I said earlier... Just curious.

Date: 11/25/12 18:17
Re: Just curious...
Author: OKTrainboys

I was just watching a video southbound out of Durango the other day....and you just can't do that anymore....it wasn't that long ago really...thinking about it, and after just riding DSNGRR and CTSRR, I am thankful for both.....equal but separate....and oh yes, there is the most awesome DRGSRR nearby....it's quite a Mecca still...all in all!!

Date: 11/25/12 18:47
Re: Just curious...
Author: SR_Krause

I was in Durango this summer. The ROW doesn't exist anymore, and it's heavily built over with malls, highway and you-name-it. It's simply not feasible. I'm not an expert on where the ROW was, but it appears to my eye looking at Google that US 160 pretty well took over coming out of Durango, and it's built up all along it.

patd3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was just wondering if anybody ever thought about
> putting the narrow guage tracks back in between
> Durango,Colo. and Chama,New Mex.? That would sure
> be great to link the 2 railroads again! I know it
> would probably cost a huge amount of $$$'s, not to
> mention the problems with property rights. Any
> other problems or ideas on the subject? Like I
> said earlier... Just curious.

Steve Krause
Chillicothe, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds