Home Open Account Help 207 users online

Steam & Excursion > Winter Photoshoot next 2 weekends

Date: 02/03/13 18:46
Winter Photoshoot next 2 weekends
Author: Auburn_Ed

Just one more week until the Nevada Northern Winter Photoshoot. I'm going for my fourth year straight. It is absolutely worth every penny.

Ed

Date: 02/04/13 07:16
Re: Winter Photoshoot next 2 weekends
Author: refarkas

Stunning. The winter brings out some of the best plumes of smoke and steam. If this had been in black and white, it would have easily passed many people's impressions as a photo from the 1950's.
Bob

Date: 02/04/13 13:15

Black & white.

Ed

Date: 02/04/13 14:44
Author: jerryheng

You're right, Bob, winter is good for some things, especially steam plumes. But with the bright sun and the lighter blue sky, I think this one works better in color.

Ed, this is a great shot, either way, but as noted, I prefer the color. Thanks for posting both. - Jerry

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The winter brings out some of the best
> plumes of smoke and steam

Date: 02/04/13 14:56
Author: YG

Looking forward to seeing this year's images!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 02/04/13 23:10
Author: IC_2024

Traveled to China to see end of steam back in Feb 2005 (Wow, 8 years ago, now!) but have never made it out to N.N. for these photo shoots.
Wish that it was closer.... you can fly into SLC and you still have another 241 miles to get there...

Date: 02/05/13 06:32

Or 284 miles from Las Vegas. Way more fun starting point, but less scenery along the way. (I do Salt Lake City).

Ed

Date: 02/06/13 10:33
Author: Harlock

Great photos Ed. See you this weekend. There's a 70% chance of SNOW on Friday :D Will be interesting times once again :)

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 02/11/13 16:36
Author: mikel

Wish I could have made it this year. Did it 5 or 6 years in a row 2004-2008-ish. Joel Jensen was running it then. Not sure what happened to him ?

From what I can see, Mike Massee (Harlock), Steve Crisi and company are now a kick-ass job !!

Yes, well worth the effort it takes to get there !! My $$ are not in shape this season unfortunately :(

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/13 16:37 by mikel.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds