Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Steam & Excursion > Mendota & Amboy RR Museums Rochelle Railroad Story

Date: 05/22/13 14:00
Mendota & Amboy RR Museums Rochelle Railroad Story
Author: Mudrock

No direct link please. Click Mudrock to get to the story at the top of my 2011-Present page on my web site. This is the last of the stories for this trip.

1. Mendota Union Station Museum
2. Amboy Depot Museum
3. Rochelle Railroad Park

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/13 19:29 by Mudrock.

Date: 05/22/13 14:11
Re: Mendota RR & Amboy RR Museums Rochelle Railroad Par
Author: nycman

Evidently you are on a very long term fanning trip. Bucket list?

Date: 05/22/13 14:27
Re: Mendota RR & Amboy RR Museums Rochelle Railroad Par
Author: Mudrock

No it was done because of Bart Jennings Rare Mileage Trips. He picked the locations of the trips and after that I took over. North Judson led me to blue Island, Homewood, Michigan City the first day, Next Porter and Hesston Steam Museum was before the first trip. the next day it was Grand Haven where we stayed railroad display then the Coopersville & Marne Trip then depots Owosso and Durand. next days a few depots after the rest of the Michigan Trips. Next the drive to Jefferson with the Mad River Museum,
Lorain & West Virginia. After Bart's last trip it was The Ohio Railway Museum, Marion Union station, NW Ohio Railroad Restoration and Auglaize Village. The next day it was depots along the way and the National New York Central RR Museum and my last day Mendota, Amboy and Rochelle. Other the Rochelle, Mendota and Owosso all these places were
new places for me to visit and write about. So it was Tourist Train Guide Book, the Internet and Google Earth that led me to all these new places.

Chris

Date: 05/23/13 06:42
Re: Mendota & Amboy RR Museums Rochelle Railroad Story
Author: YG

Quite a road trip Chris! That depot is a beautiful structure.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds