Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&TSRR Photo Freight?

Date: 07/30/13 00:47
C&TSRR Photo Freight?
Author: DBen

How can I find out if and when the C&TSRR will run a photographer's freight train? I've seen photos of previous such trains, but questions to C&TSRR remain unanswered. Perhaps there is a particular railroad tour company who does this? Thanks.

Date: 07/30/13 01:29
Re: C&TSRR Photo Freight?
Author: JohnMcIvor

There is the Chama Steam photo freights event September 28 to October 2 listed in my 'Steam Train Diary' at http://svsfilm.com/diary - hope this helps.
John McIvor
svsfilm.com

Date: 07/30/13 03:24
Author: andersonb109

I believe Chama Steam is the only private photo freight (as opposed to being run by the railway which tends to attract more of the general public) this year. Jay runs a great trip and this year they are trying something different. Overnight at Osier in the eating house in order to get different morning sunrise shots on the line. Highly recommended and probably worth a night in sleeping bags on the concrete floor! The Chama Steam web site has details and you can sign up there.

Date: 07/31/13 09:08
Author: Cumbresfan

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe Chama Steam is the only private photo
> freight (as opposed to being run by the railway
> which tends to attract more of the general public)
> this year. Jay runs a great trip and this year
> they are trying something different. Overnight at
> Osier in the eating house in order to get
> different morning sunrise shots on the line.
> Highly recommended and probably worth a night in
> sleeping bags on the concrete floor! The Chama
> Steam web site has details and you can sign up
> there.

Jay has sleeping bags and army cots for the night at Osier (Reveille will probably be at 0600 or earlier. For former Army types, alarm clocks will have to suffice; I doubt a bugler will be available). For those that prefer a bed, a shuttle has been arranged to Antonito.

See Chama Steam details at:
http://chamasteamexcursions.com/index.php/2013/06/chama-steam-excursions/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/13 09:10 by Cumbresfan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds