Home Open Account Help 174 users online

Steam & Excursion > Another Park engine....Kingman, AZ

Date: 08/11/13 09:06
Another Park engine....Kingman, AZ
Author: Auburn_Ed

My recent trip down South led me through Kingman. This locomotive is in pretty good shape for a park engine. Thanks to those who take the time to do this.

Ed

Date: 08/11/13 09:13
Re: Another Park engine....Kingman, AZ
Author: Txhighballer

She may not be lettered right, but she is well cared for, and I believe the cab is intact...it was the last time I saw her....

Date: 08/11/13 09:52
Author: ddg

Still has it's jacket, wonder if the lagging has been removed? If it has, glad they put the jacket back on, they just don't look right without it. I'm hoping they just ran out of black paint after they primed the stack extension. I was there in Feb. and it's good to see the engine so well cared for.

Date: 08/11/13 10:02
Author: davew833

In case anyone wondered, this locomotive belongs to Kingman, AZ. I count at least seven places where it's painted on the loco & tender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/13 23:54 by davew833.

Date: 08/11/13 10:29
Author: Frisco1522

They wouldn't let the guy with the bucket of white paint do whitewalls, so he showed them when they weren't looking he painted some bars in the pilot. Good to see her intact tho. How dry is Kingman? Pictures I've seen of her before looked more like sun fade but no rust.
Belching fire from the stack too.

Date: 08/11/13 11:21
Author: YG

Looks good...and no fence!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 08/11/13 14:35
Author: mt19a

Still has the lagging.

Date: 08/11/13 15:17
Author: NWClassJ

Nice photo, she looks really good. I have a video of the last run of the 3759, and there is some amazing footage in there.

Date: 08/11/13 16:16
Author: 4-12-2

Friendly weather is a major assist, but I'm delighted local talent and interest exists and functions. Thanks to those who take part in her maintenance!

John Bush
Omaha

Date: 08/11/13 19:34
Author: Txhighballer

Grand Canyon wanted her, but the City Of Kingman wisely in hindsight, refused to give her up....

Date: 08/11/13 22:52
Author: zephyrus

One of my favorite engines. Spent most summers and winters crawling all over that thing as a kid.

Z

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0432 seconds