Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Steam & Excursion > 7470 at Conway Scenic Railroad (New Hampshire)

Date: 09/23/13 21:30
7470 at Conway Scenic Railroad (New Hampshire)
Author: 5-String

We took a family vacation up to New England last week and I really enjoyed our ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway, New Hampshire. Our ride was during their Railfan’s Weekend so they had steam locomotive #7470 out to pull our train to Bartlett. At Bartlett, passengers could detrain to watch the engine run around the train to prepare for the return trip. We lucked out with the timing because the locomotive was temporarily taken out of service right after we got back to North Conway due to a hot bearing.

I've been critical of NS for closing their vestibule windows on the steam specials, but noticed there were signs onboard our train at the Conway Scenic that said "No Riding in Vestibules" so they're not alone with that. But with open window coaches, it wasn't a big deal.

1. Running around the train at Bartlett
2. After the return to North Conway

More at: http://lowtechtimes.com/2013/09/23/conway-scenic-railroad/

Date: 09/24/13 02:53
Re: 7470 at Conway Scenic Railroad (New Hampshire)
Author: andersonb109

Lawyers are taking away all the fun of train riding. On the Huckleberry Railroad in Michigan, we weren't even allowed to stand up much less walk around when the train was in motion. But yet you can do so on Amtrak on bad track at 90MPH. Maybe next Amtrak will have seat belts and signs to wear on rough track!

Date: 09/25/13 12:42
Re: 7470 at Conway Scenic Railroad (New Hampshire)
Author: nhiwwrr

Don't just blame the lawyers...blame the idiots who get hurt by doing something stupid then place the blame on the operator.

"Oh, you mean I can't open that big door while the train is moving to let junior hang off the side to get a better look at the train, while we're moving along at 25 mph?"....

The lawyers are the because there are customers... Supply and Demand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/13 12:43 by nhiwwrr.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds