Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Steam & Excursion > Nearing the end of September and no news on the J

Date: 09/28/13 06:40
Nearing the end of September and no news on the J
Author: JOHNY5ALIVE

I am getting concerned about of the lack news and/or status update about J611. Almost October and haven't heard or received any news or status update from VMT. October was mentioned as the latest month to get her to Spencer to start work for possible running in late 2014. Does anybody have any news or status updates? I am very excited about the possibility of her return. It was the NS Steam program that got me interested in railroading and now I have almost 20 years with the industry. Still remember the awe of seeing her for the first time at Lamberts Point when I was about five years old and she popped off, almost scared me to death. And yes I have donated. Thanks
John P

Date: 09/28/13 18:10
Re: Nearing the end of September and no news on the J
Author: 5-String

I don't know any new news, but I did read the campaign will keep going if the goal
Is not met by Halloween. Their Facebook page is updated frequently. People are not
Only donating cash, but also selling items on eBay for the cause: http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?kw=fire+up+611

I've donated and encouraged my parents to donate, but am also going to sell some stuff on eBay as well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/13 06:16 by 5-String.

Date: 09/28/13 23:54
Author: jderoo

According to posts on Facebook, the committee will meet again at the end of October.
Hopefully they will be finalizing the funding at that point and announce that everything
is a go. We shall see what happens.

Date: 09/29/13 04:36
Author: NWClassJ

I don't know if they have had any major donors step up but if not...I wouldn't get your hopes up...sadly. Will have to wait and see.

Date: 09/30/13 13:52
Author: bioyans

NWClassJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know if they have had any major donors
> step up but if not...I wouldn't get your hopes
> up...sadly. Will have to wait and see.

Should I ever happen to win one of the large, multi-state lotteries, they sure will have an announcement ... for both 611 AND 1218. ;-)

Date: 10/01/13 22:38
Author: ProAmtrak

Hopefully something does happen, in fact the way I saw 611 in the video, I don't think much work will be needed to get her back ont he mainline!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds