Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam into History / Northern Central 17

Date: 12/27/13 16:23
Steam into History / Northern Central 17
Author: sscannella

Steam into History in Southern York (PA) county concludes it's first year of operations this weekend with a pair of Friday and Saturday trips between New Freedom and Hanover Jct. The thought of steam in the cold winter air with a bit of snow on the ground enticed me to spend a few hours this morning/early afternoon photographing the return leg of their 10:30 trip from Hanover Jct, through Glen Rock and Railroad on the return to New Freedom. Most of the snow had already disappeared as the sunshine rose temps into the upper 30s low 40s, but that really didn't matter as there are numerous picturesque locations and a leisurely 'chase'. This operation has really grown on me. I hope that they have had a successful inaugural season and will be back for more in 2014.

This first image is actually the end of the northbound segment about 1/4 mile or so from Hanover Jct, then a couple shots of the train stopped at the old Northern Central station at Hanover Jct.

Date: 12/27/13 16:32
Re: Steam into History / Northern Central 17

A few more images between Hanover Jct. and Glen Rock.......

Date: 12/27/13 16:36

At Glen Rock and passing through Railroad, PA on it's way to New Freedom.

Date: 12/28/13 02:31
Author: ClubCar

All beautiful photos; thank you so much for sharing them with all of us and please everyone continue to support this operation. Have a Healthy & Happy New Year. Be Safe.

Date: 12/29/13 12:09
Author: UP3806

Thank you for the great photos of a very interesting train. Looks like Matthew Brady civil-war era scenes in color!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds