Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Steam & Excursion > Big Boys on RFDTV

Date: 04/12/14 10:27
Big Boys on RFDTV
Author: badtanker1987

I have the hopper and finally got around to watching trains & locomotives on RFDTV from 4/7/14. Did anyone else get the chance to see it? There were two episodes about UP steam. The first had challengers and big boys. The other part had big boys with other locomotives on Sherman Hill. It was great to see 5511 helping a 4000 on the hill, plus showed 8444, 3985, and 4023 in Cheyenne set side by side by side for photos. Also stated that it was unlikely for a big boy would be restored. That's the most amazing part of the 4014 project, restoring a locomotive that most thought would never run again. Hope the crew has a safe trip back to Cheyenne with no problems. I know I will be track side for the Ogden/Rock Springs leg.

Date: 04/12/14 10:49
Re: Big Boys on RFDTV
Author: Frisco1522

We don't have RFDTV, but now have a Family Channel. There was a program on last night about Locomotives and Trains, showing junctions and crossings in IL, but it was all diesels.
I hope we finally get some of the good stuff I've been hearing about for the last few years.

Date: 04/12/14 12:21
Author: Bob3985

Don,
"We don't have RFDTV" I have it and have a number of rail shows recorded from RFDTV.
And I have BEER!
Come on over and lets hang out and watch TV.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/12/14 17:08
Author: Frisco1522

OK Bob, but it's a hell of a drive home from there.

Date: 04/13/14 11:05
Author: tehachapi-dave

Yep saw that one. So far since we started watching it has been about 90% Greg Scholl stuff. One of the good ones was Cumbres & Toltec that was on awhile back.

Tehachapi-TJ Over & out.

Date: 04/13/14 12:47
Author: SuperChiefDon

Saw and recorded, great video with great engines. Saw a pic of Ed firing 3751 this weekend, "Continuing Training?". North Platte was fun we missed you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds