Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Steam & Excursion > NKP 765 to Elkhart

Date: 04/16/14 04:02
NKP 765 to Elkhart
Author: guitarboy

Any info yet on when, and what route the 765 will take to Elkhart for the up-coming NS employee special May 3-4?

Terry Green
Garrett, IN

Date: 04/16/14 05:03
Re: NKP 765 to Elkhart
Author: junctiontower

The Marion Branch via Claypool would SEEM to be the obvious choice, but you COULD go by way of Butler and wye the train at Steel Dynamics and back up to Butler and use one of the connectors to go west on the Water Level. Option one seems simpler, and the one I am hoping for, which means it will probably go the other way. LOL!

Date: 04/16/14 09:19
Author: OC6325

Here we go again asking info on deadhead moves. What does past practice of deadheads tell you? That would be a pretty good guess on when. As to the routing, that would up to the railroad and subject to change at any time.

Date: 04/16/14 10:29

If we didn't come here and speculate mindlessly, what would we talk about? :)

Date: 04/16/14 11:41
Author: johnacraft

guitarboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any info yet on when, and what route the 765 will
> take to Elkhart for the up-coming NS employee
> special May 3-4?

http://fortwaynerailroad.org/track-765/

Date: 04/16/14 19:17
Author: guitarboy

One of the reasons I pay to be a member here is to obtain information. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. You can go on "guessing" all you want: I'm sure my fellow TO members will come through with reliable info in time.

Terry Green
Garrett, IN

Date: 04/17/14 00:37
Author: OC6325

What I was getting at was past practice will probably determine how this deadhead will be handled as far as when. It is my understanding that the FWRHS is not listing deadhead schedules this year. If that is the case, there will be official information.

Even if the info was listed, it would be followed by repeated questions at every move about what time the train will depart, etc. In every case the FWRHS has responded that deadhead moves are not priority moves and occur when and where traffic permits. So let's use common sense and review how the deadheads over the last 2 years were handled on NS and use that as a guideline.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/14 09:13
Author: bigjim4life

guitarboy Wrote:
> One of the reasons I pay to be a member here is to
> obtain information. I'm sorry if you have a
> problem with that. You can go on "guessing" all
> you want: I'm sure my fellow TO members will come
> through with reliable info in time.

Even if TO members "come through", the information at that time may be reliable, but as you know, deadhead moves can be changed at the last minute - times and routings may differ. Even the most reliable information the day before can be vastly different the next day. I think that's the important point here. The best way, it seems, is to track the 765 as it moves - via the GPS provided. People can provide tentative information, but it's all subject to change at the discretion of NS.

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

Date: 04/17/14 09:38

There are ALWAYS unforeseen problems that can gum up the works, but The local NS people and the FWRHS team have made so many of these ferry moves since 2009 that it has pretty much become routine, and seems to get handled with no more drama than an extra manifest freight might require. Everybody knows what to do, everybody knows what the other guy needs, and they "Just Do it".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/14 09:39 by junctiontower.

Date: 04/19/14 05:50
Author: Rob46580

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2014/04/17/sinkhole-causes-city-railroad-concern/ so far trains have not seemed to been affected, but this could come into play depending on when they address this possibly urgent issue.

Date: 04/30/14 10:09
Author: TrainCatcher

OC6325 Wrote:
> What I was getting at was past practice will
> probably determine how this deadhead will be
> handled as far as when. It is my understanding
> that the FWRHS is not listing deadhead schedules
> this year. If that is the case, there will be
> official information.
>
> Even if the info was listed, it would be followed
> by repeated questions at every move about what
> time the train will depart, etc. In every case
> the FWRHS has responded that deadhead moves are
> not priority moves and occur when and where
> traffic permits. So let's use common sense and
> review how the deadheads over the last 2 years
> were handled on NS and use that as a guideline.
>
> Posted from iPhone

This particular move has never been made so there is no past practice.

FDF

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0718 seconds