Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Steam & Excursion > The Current State of the Yreka Western Ry.

Date: 07/14/14 12:40
The Current State of the Yreka Western Ry.
Author: Brakeman_Phil

This past June had presented me with an opportunity while in route to a job interview in Oregon. I stopped by to take a look at how the Yreka Western was looking and what I saw broke my heart. The main line to the depot has been torn out and the only track that remains in tact is the siding that lead from the engine house to main.

I hope someday big and beautiful No. 19 finds a home. I miss hearing that engines incredible obnoxious whistle.

Date: 07/14/14 12:58
Re: The Current State of the Yreka Western Ry.
Author: TCnR

Another sad story, thanks for posting the photo at least we know #19 is in there.

fyi, seems this was our last status on TO:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,3459533,3459653#msg-3459653

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/14 13:01 by TCnR.

Date: 07/14/14 13:10
Author: LoggerHogger

Phil,

This case is still pending with the court. I was surprised you could get in to take photos. The Siskiyou County Sheriff has had the enginehouse locked sealed and has been the only one to allow folks inside.

Can I ask if the property is still posted by the Sheriff? Was the door open? The court has not released the hold on the engine. Thanks.

Martin

Date: 07/14/14 14:42
Author: TCnR

Looks like a 'crack in the door near the floor' shot to me.

Date: 07/14/14 14:59
Author: mopacrr

Looks a lot different from what I saw in November of 08 ,which is to bad. While I was there in 08, some group had a nice HO layout in the depot I believe; what happened to the layout?

Date: 07/15/14 00:47
Author: IC_2024

Had a chance to shoot her after a Loggerhogger charter on the McCloud in 2008 and blew it off... one of my regrets, big time!
Thanks for posting the shots... really sad to see 19 like that, but hope she's rescued out of there, someday... against all of the the litigation odds, I'm sure.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds