Home Open Account Help 174 users online

Steam & Excursion > Milwaukee Road 261 doing some work

Date: 08/11/14 07:29
Milwaukee Road 261 doing some work
Author: traingeek087

This is my third or fourth attempt at doing this video. I think I have the format correct this time.

This video was last year during the 261 excursions later in the year. I happened to be going on a trip to Wisconsin and knew about the excursion, so it worked out well to plan around it. I watched it leave and come back the first day, and rode behind it the second day. I would love to do it again some day if I can find the time and money to do so.

Traingeek087

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/11/14 07:39
Re: Milwaukee Road 261 doing some work
Author: train671

The 261 is always a pleasure to watch and ride. One of the nice treasures that is still around.
Thanks for posting.

Date: 08/11/14 08:50
Author: HotWater

Nice but, may I suggest that in the future you do NOT set-up your video camera next to the crossing bell!

Date: 08/11/14 16:20
Author: tomstp

I vote for that too, darn bell just spoils the sound.

Date: 08/11/14 18:16
Author: traingeek087

Couldn't help it. We were driving a 16 ft. rental van with a motorcar in the back. Not many places you can go with that in downtown Minneapolis.

When I set up I was actually a good 1/8 mile down the ROW, but the speaker must be on that side of the camera.

Traingeek087

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/12/14 18:15
Author: RuleG

Thanks for posting. I was on that trip and appreciate seeing the photos and videos taken by others.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds