Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Steam & Excursion > Amador Central Speeder Trip story

Date: 10/21/14 19:00
Amador Central Speeder Trip story
Author: Mudrock

No direct links. Click on Mudrock and go to my 2011-Present Trip Page and it is new the top.

enjoy,

Chris

Date: 10/21/14 19:38
Re: Amador Central Speeder Trip story
Author: W3

Looks like a fun trip with a group of Speeders over an old railroad. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/21/14 22:42
Author: CPRR

Why did I think this line was closed down and not used anymore? What goes up the branch?

Date: 10/22/14 07:05
Author: Mudrock

Only speeders! Business died off long ago.

Chris

Date: 10/22/14 11:50
Author: Cupolau

Brings back fond memories when I purchased a SP Fairmont speeder in '89 and did some trips on some abandoned branch lines, (Kentucky House, Jawbone near Olancha,). In those days it was called "Outlawing" because we didn't have permission, although the crossing gates had been removed and some of the rails were missing. Did ride legally once on the Sierra Railroad but just a short distance. Back then there was no organized speeder clubs like there is now so it was just a few of us on our own. Eventually sold it because it was frustrating having something so enjoyable but unable to use it on regular basis without the worry of having it confiscated and being arrested for trespassing.

Date: 10/22/14 16:47
Author: run8

For safe and legal speeder information go to Narcoa.org and Railspeeders.com.

Date: 10/22/14 23:05
Author: coach

Given the big increases in rail shipments of lumber, and given that SIERRA PACIFIC LUMBER is doing more harvesting, I wonder if they regret closing this line down? It never seemed right, given their rail shipments.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds