Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Steam & Excursion > German Narrow Gauge in Wisconsin

Date: 11/23/14 07:22
German Narrow Gauge in Wisconsin
Author: CPengineer

I'd heard that a pair of German tank locomotives were stored somewhere near Merrimac, Wisconsin. It took me three hours of searching, but I finally found them. One is a Jung 0-4-0T, and the other is a Hanomag 0-8-0T that ran in Indonesia. I don't know who owns them, or any future plans for them. They are starting to weather badly and have been picked over for parts (I'm hoping the owner has them stored).

Date: 11/23/14 08:31
Re: German Narrow Gauge in Wisconsin
Author: rswebber

Rather sad. It would more likely that they are to be left in situ to become part of the grounds. The track is also useful in some cases - (Not that it matters in terms of all uses, but...) -What is the gauge of the track the locomotives are sitting on? I assume either meter or perhaps even the near 2' gauge?

Merimac was the last place I took a ferry with a car - from Bariboo to Lodi and out to I-94.

Date: 11/23/14 09:44
Author: CPRR

It would be interesting to find out who owns them. I would like to see them restored. If I could I would take one...

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/23/14 14:12
Author: Keystone1

Excellent light! Needs some weed work though.

Date: 11/23/14 17:42
Author: OmahaTom

Very reminiscent of the still-operating Omaha Zoo Railroad Austrian Locomotive.

Tom Loftus
Omaha, NE

Date: 11/23/14 18:00
Author: wabash2800

Speaking of German narrow gauge steam engines, I wonder who purchased the one at the auction near New Haven, Indiana recently.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds