Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Steam & Excursion > FREE Erecting Diagram Scan : GNRy Z-6 4-6-6-4 Challenge

Date: 03/17/15 07:57
FREE Erecting Diagram Scan : GNRy Z-6 4-6-6-4 Challenge
Author: MarkMeoff

Been a while since I offered up an erecting diagram to the membership, so here it goes again.

Seeing Martin's post about the Z-5 on the turntable reminded me that I have a scan of GN's Z-6. The GN bought 2 of these engines from the SP&S in 1945 and sold them back after only a few years.

The print I have is drawn in 1 1/2" scale and it about 10' long if you have it printed out in full size. Looks great on a garage wall. Also gives your kids something to color and will take a loooooong time to get it all done.

Anyhow, if you want a copy send me a PM WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. Oh yeah, don't forget to include a copy of your email address. Did I mention I need your email address?

I will send out the emails to everyone on Friday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/15 16:39 by MarkMeoff.

Date: 03/17/15 16:41
Re: FREE Erecting Diagram Scan : GNRy Z-6 4-6-6-4 Chall

Please remember to include your email address, I've already gotten a few messages with no email to send the print to.

Date: 03/20/15 08:10

Emails have been sent to everyone that provided an address to send it to. Also love the stories that some of you sent along as well, great stuff for sure.

One of these days I'll put all the drawings I have on flash drive and sell them here (for a buck or two over the cost of an 8gb flash drive). Some drawings are just waaaay to big to try and email. I think the SP AC-9 erecting elevation drawing alone is close to 49mb!!!

Anyhow, hope you all enjoy the drawing and I look forward to sending out whatever else I can in the future.

Date: 03/23/15 13:22
Author: JimPoston

Got my copy of the drawing - thanks, Mark!

Dated August 31, 1945, the drawing has dimensions, 'shadow' outlines of brakestand, etc., and at 1337KB, I'll definitely have to get the big paper to print 'er out so I can compare the Z-6 to the 3985. :-)

-Jim

Date: 03/23/15 13:36
Author: flyingfred

Thank you for the drawing.

-Fred-

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds