Home Open Account Help 197 users online

Steam & Excursion > Dixon Boiler Works L.A. CA. - story on RYPN

Date: 04/28/15 12:31
Dixon Boiler Works L.A. CA. - story on RYPN
Author: Kimball

There is a wonderful story on RYPN about this man, his company, and his passion for steam locomotives.  It says he built 75 or more and never made any money on any of them!  When asked why he continued to build them, his answer was to the effect, "If I don't, who will?"  Look for the story about Texas State RR boilers.

Date: 04/29/15 12:31
Re: Dixon Boiler Works L.A. CA. - story on RYPN

No comments at all?  I asked the OP on RYPN to add more info, but have not seen anything yet.  Has by now fallen to page 2.

Date: 04/29/15 15:11
Author: TrackGuy

Kimball, I did see that story by Mr. Austin. What struck me was that the boiler he was inspecting was barely 10 years old. I would have thought a firebox and stays would have lasted longer than that. Great story anyways about the boilermakers threatening Mr. Dixon's heirs with an uprising!

BTW,do you know there is a feature that allows a thread to stay current when it's updated? I just found that out the other day.

TrackGuy

Posted from Android

Date: 04/29/15 18:06
Author: RRMike

I have a Dixon boiler on the Oscar Coffman 2-6-0 that I am restoring, Came from the Meadows and Lake Kathleen RR. Understand this boiler was built sometime in the late 40's and it still looks good, the boiler inspector from the state will be over on Friday.

Date: 04/30/15 07:34
Author: skidroe

What is RYPN?

Date: 04/30/15 12:46

Railway Preservation News, www stuff  rypn.org

Date: 05/01/15 12:33
Author: cjvrr

And that specific thread was pulled earlier today on the RYPN board due to personal attacks.  a shame it did have some neat info in it.

Date: 05/01/15 16:52
Author: HotWater

cjvrr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And that specific thread was pulled earlier today
> on the RYPN board due to personal attacks.  a
> shame it did have some neat info in it.

That is what happens when Matt Austin keeps taking shots at Wasatch Railroad Contractors.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds