Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Steam & Excursion > Celebrate the 4th of July and Come Ride Behind SCPC 2!!!!

Date: 07/02/15 21:04
Celebrate the 4th of July and Come Ride Behind SCPC 2!!!!
Author: PorterNo2

Howdy All,

As the 4th of July approaches, I'd like to take the opportunity to invite everyone to come celebrate with us at the Northwest Railway Museum and Team Chiggen the founding of our Great Nation!  We will be running steam powered trains Saturday and Sunday this weekend with departures at 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, and 4:00.  What better way to celebrate than to ride in our historic heavyweight coaches through the scenic Snoqualmie Valley?  Buy your tickets online at:

https://trainmuseum.org/index.php?option=com_vikevents&view=event&itid=1&gview=1 

or the day of at either our Snoqualmie or Northbend depots.  This event is all steam powered with no diesel helper, see SCPC 2 haul tonnage and work hard as any good steam engine should.  And if you buy the tour package on Saturday, you get the tour of our state of the art curatorial Trainshed Exhibit Building!  

And be sure to keep track of our progress on the return to service of our rare 1899 Rogers built Northern Pacific 924, the only survivor of her kind!  Here is a teaser picture of some of the latest progress, a full report will be coming shortly.  

So to all have a great July 4th, and I hope to see you all in Snoqualmie!

Best,

Stathi

Efstathios I. Pappas, MS
Curator of Collections
​Northwest Railway Museum

Date: 07/02/15 23:36
Re: Celebrate the 4th of July and Come Ride Behind SCPC 2!!!!
Author: SCPCno2

Thank you! Sounds great! What better way to spend the Fourth of July!!
Steam trains forever!!!  

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds