Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Steam & Excursion > Couple 765 Pix From Thursday's Ferry Move

Date: 07/26/15 12:29
Couple 765 Pix From Thursday's Ferry Move
Author: Amtrak288

A few months back, before I had any idea that 765 would be running through northeast Ohio, I had booked an unrelated road trip to go to Cedar Point for a couple days, so fast forward to this past Thursday.  By complete dumb luck, I would be traveling through the area where 765 was running on the ferry move to Youngstown for this weekend's trips!  I had been following the Twitter feed on the 765's app and found a spot in Jefferson, OH south of Ashtabula to photograph it. I was sitting in my car at that spot when a tweet was posted saying the train had cleared Painesville, so I decided to head towards Ashtabula (as I figured I'd have just enough time to do so) and found Woodman Avenue (where there were other people waiting so I knew I didn't miss the train!).  The train had to stop for a crew change and along with a freight in the area (NS Train #145), having gone into emergency and needing some time to clear up their issue, 765 ended up staying there for over 30 minutes!  This was a classic case of being at the right place at the right time!!!  I can't wait to ride this coming weekend on one of the Buffalo-Corning excursions!!!

1.  765 taking a break at Woodman Ave. in Ashtabula.
2.  Train #145 with the Virginian Heritage Unit on point passing 765!

Questions/comments welcome!!!

Date: 07/27/15 05:25
Re: Couple 765 Pix From Thursday's Ferry Move
Author: trainsfireengine

NS has clearly shown that they take pride in the company's history and that is demonstrated by photo 2.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds