Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Steam & Excursion > Saginaw Timber #2 (Polson Logging #2)

Date: 07/26/15 19:58
Saginaw Timber #2 (Polson Logging #2)
Author: SR_Krause

Go take a look at Mid Continent's web page. #2 went a second steam test this last weekend, they have an FRA inspection scheduled and it looks and sounds like there's every chance she'll be running before the fall colors!

http://www.midcontinent.org/no-2s-july-18-steam-test/

SRK

Steve Krause
Chillicothe, IL

Date: 07/27/15 04:24
Re: Saginaw Timber #2 (Polson Logging #2)
Author: LoggerHogger

It will be great to see her back in steam!

Martin

Date: 07/27/15 04:39
Author: CPengineer

I photographed her last Wednesday, a few days after the steam test.  She looks more-or-less ready to go, with only cosmetic items left to install.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/15 04:40 by CPengineer.

Date: 07/27/15 05:44
Author: LoggerHogger

The piston rods need to be applied first.  A bit more than cosmetic there :)

Thanks for the great photo of her.

Martin

Date: 07/27/15 07:54
Author: YG

Can't wait to see her in steam!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com 

Date: 07/27/15 12:42
Author: CPengineer

I can't believe I missed that, Martin!

Date: 01/16/17 19:43
Author: SteveC

Well, it's been almost 9 months since this locomotive was given the green light to be fully operational, but the museum still refuses to allow it to run.  there was a Trains news wire story about a few weeks ago.  It seems that the museum feels that if they allow it to run, they will be responsible for the cost of the restoration.  I don't know the details, but it is a real shame that a museum that states that "Steam will always rule at Mid-Continent"  has been without a working steam locomotive for almost 17 years and now has one on the property but will not allow it to run.  Another reason I have heard is that the water system is no longer in service.  I would think that in as much as they are having a new boiler built for the 1385 that they most likely will be needing a water system for that locomotive.  I hear no posts on what is going on, and very little on the web about how to settle this situation.

Steve

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0675 seconds