Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&O 614 At Night In Hoboken

Date: 08/27/15 09:12
C&O 614 At Night In Hoboken
Author: sig292

Here is one of my favorite photos that I took of C&O 614 during her time running trips out of Hoboken Terminal many years ago.
After riding the train on the Hoboken - Port Jervis round trip, I missed my NJ Transit train home and had some time to kill. I didn't bring a tripod
because I hadn't planned on doing any night shots. 614 looked great sitting there on the station track, so I had to at least try a long exposure in spite of not being prepared.
There was (and probably still is ) a fence in front of where 614 is sitting, so I jammed my lens barrel through the fence, leaving it suspended there, and took the shot.
Here is the result. Sometimes it pays to take a chance and to carry a fairly cheap camera!
Ken Gear 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 09:13 by sig292.

Date: 08/27/15 10:26
Re: C&O 614 At Night In Hoboken
Author: RBMN-ENGR

​Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Those were some great trip weren't they? Hard to believe it's been 17 years now.

Chris Bost
Leesport, PA

Date: 08/27/15 18:44
Author: The_Chief_Way

Those Port. Jervis trips were great ! Sorry the had to end.
Many thanks to those who made it happen.

Date: 08/28/15 17:09
Author: WauhopM

I was lucky enough to win a CAB RIDE on one of those trips-I was offered all kinds of money for that ticket-but I would not have missed that experience for the world.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0538 seconds