Home Open Account Help 188 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4501 stuck in Gordon because of freight train breakdown

Date: 09/26/15 09:40
4501 stuck in Gordon because of freight train breakdown
Author: anotherera

Here is a picture of the 4501 this morning (9/26/15) waiting just shy of the Gordon Georgia depot because of a train breakdown on the other side of McIntyre (former home of Honey BooBoo.) While we were waiting at the depot for #4501 to make her appearance, a long container train went by, and it along with the broken down freight and another freight, ended up tying up the tracks. A diesel was being sent to haul the #4501 back to Macon so she could be ready for the 2pm trip, as they figured the tie up would be unclogged by then. I wonder what is going to be done for those passengers this morning who had their excursion cut short, and were seated for hours going nowhere. As it is, they had a late start out of Macon due to freight traffic. Picture was taken in drizzly weather, so no way to show off the shine on the #4501 or her passenger cars. Glad I bought tickets for tomorrow and not today!

Date: 09/26/15 10:24
Re: 4501 stuck in Gordon because of freight train breakdown
Author: Defective_Detector

Typically the tickets included wording like "trip may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances."

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/26/15 12:49
Author: ClubCar

Always think positive.  This could have been that the train got out to the destination and unable to return.  Then these folks may have had to be bused back to the starting point.  Being stuck anywhere is no fun.  I'll bet that they will work something out for these passengers for another trip or refund their money.

Date: 09/26/15 13:41
Author: anotherera

TVRM has offered the passengers either full refunds, the trip tomorrow at 8am, or a trip out of Tennessee. It seems many took tomorrow's trip as the solution, because the deluxe coaches went from having many seats left for sale to being sold out in a very short time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds