Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Steam & Excursion > Hiway 250 Crossing

Date: 10/09/15 10:01
Hiway 250 Crossing
Author: Auburn_Ed

Between Rockwood and Hermosa the D&S crosses hiway 250 twice.  Here's the view.  And for those concerned, I waited two weeks to see if any PAYING PASSENGERS wanted to post their photos, but no one did.  So I guess that this 'freeloader" can now post his.  Sorry I didn't pay to ride the train that day, forgive me please.  (If I am standing anywhere, with a camera, should I avoid taking any photos because someone else says "YOU can't take that photo, IT"S MINE").  These comments come after reading a thread on another forum populated by several children scolding their fellow railfansfor NOT paying for photos.  How long DO I wait before I can post MY photo? Forgive the sarcasm.

Ed

Date: 10/09/15 13:33
Re: Hiway 250 Crossing
Author: Hillcrest

Ummm.... Ed, as nice as that photo may be, and clearly superior to the one I took at that exact location with one of those Kodak develope-before-my-very-eyes cameras in 1986, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to remove it at once, as I was just about to think about  buying a scanner so I can put mine up... Really like your photos, and I mean that.

Cheers, Dave

Date: 10/09/15 16:33
Author: Auburn_Ed

Thank You!  I'm trying to make up for all the really crappy pix I took on the Narrow Gauge back in the early Sixties.  Oh, to have had a better camera.  I just couldn't master the Argus C-3 The little slip of paper in each can of slide film said 1/250 @ f4 for almost everything.  NOT true.

Ed

Date: 10/09/15 22:09
Author: norm1153

This "disagreement" goes back a long way.  Sometime in the 1950's, there was an excursion on the Sacramento Northern interurban line, originating in Oakland, CA.  The organizers hung a white sheet across part of the front of the lead car, in an attempt to spoil any pictures taken by photographers along the way who of course hadn't bought a ticket, and to preserve "legitimate" photos taken by the paying riders at the photo stops, or runbys. 

Date: 10/09/15 22:43
Author: classiclights

This discussion brings back memories of the "Blue Tarp Special", an event which never actually happened. At least not as depicted in this image.

Date: 10/10/15 19:11
Author: callum_out

Late 50's issues of TRAINS showed Sierra charters running with sheets draped off the footboards over
the drivers. As was mentioned, it's been an issue for a long time.

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds