Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chessie 2101 footage

Date: 11/08/15 22:10
Chessie 2101 footage
Author: MJV1988

I know this is a longshot but I figure more ppl. Would look here and maybe could help me out in this section. I've been looking all over the internet and trying to find video footage of the Chessie 2101 from the 1978 trips specifically from The Hopewell Prod. VHS tape titled "Train To Everywhere" 1978 Chessie Steam Special. Any ideas on where I could find this title? I've looked all over ebay for the last 3 months and browsed Craigslist with no luck and was wondering if there are any other places that you guys/gals who are into the hobby would know of where to look? Being it's a VHS it'll prolly be pretty hard to find. It's a longshot but any help is much much appreciated.

Thanks

Posted from Android

Date: 11/09/15 04:50
Re: Chessie 2101 footage
Author: MaryMcPherson

I have a very extensive video collection, but I never even heard of this title.  It makes sense that it does exist, as a short clip of 2101 appears in Hopewell's "Runnin' That New River Train."  It is not one of their titles that has been re-released on DVD.

One suggestion is to run not just a search on the title, but "Chessie 2101 Tape", "Chessie 2101 VHS" and "Chessie 2101" as well.  You'll get a bunch of junk matches, of course, but it will broaden the search.

Also, Greg Scholl put out a DVD a few years back called "The 2101 Story" that is worth a look.  It is comprised of 8mm sound film converted to video, and may well feature some of the same trips.  I have it in my collection and would give it a thumbs up.

Sundy River also did a show called "Stompin' On Sand Patch" that is on DVD, though their shows can be somewhat spotty.  The film transfers often result in the footage being played back painfully fast (from 8mm, I assume; 16mm seems not so bad) and the soundtracks often feature audio that has no real attempt at synchronization and some cheesy music.

I believe the online store Railfan Depot carries both titles.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 11/09/15 07:48
Re: Chessie 2101 footage
Author: MJV1988

MaryMcPherson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a very extensive video collection, but I
> never even heard of this title.  It makes sense
> that it does exist, as a short clip of 2101
> appears in Hopewell's "Runnin' That New River
> Train."  It is not one of their titles that has
> been re-released on DVD.
>
> One suggestion is to run not just a search on the
> title, but "Chessie 2101 Tape", "Chessie 2101 VHS"
> and "Chessie 2101" as well.  You'll get a bunch
> of junk matches, of course, but it will broaden
> the search.
>
> Also, Greg Scholl put out a DVD a few years back
> called "The 2101 Story" that is worth a look.  It
> is comprised of 8mm sound film converted to video,
> and may well feature some of the same trips.  I
> have it in my collection and would give it a
> thumbs up.
>
> Sundy River also did a show called "Stompin' On
> Sand Patch" that is on DVD, though their shows can
> be somewhat spotty.  The film transfers often
> result in the footage being played back painfully
> fast (from 8mm, I assume; 16mm seems not so bad)
> and the soundtracks often feature audio that has
> no real attempt at synchronization and some cheesy
> music.
>
> I believe the online store Railfan Depot carries
> both titles.

Hi Mary,

Ironically enough I have and was watching "The 2101 Story" last night. It is good, there are also a few short clips of 2101 in " 614 The Phoenix Engine" from Hopewell as well. I've tried all those searches and nothing has popped up so far. It has to be one of the first live video/audio tapes of any steam engine ever produced. The audio dubbing on the 8mm or 16mm silent films can drive me nuts sometimes how it doesn't sync up and that's why I'm looking for this specific title. I just wanted to know if there are any other places I could search besides ebay or craigslist?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds