Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Steam & Excursion > Fillmore & Western Ry. Steam Loco #14 Running

Date: 11/27/15 23:22
Fillmore & Western Ry. Steam Loco #14 Running
Author: StarshipConductor

The Fillmore & Western Railway will be running there 1913 Baldwin 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive Tomorrow Saturday 11/28/2015.

The #14 Steam Engine will be shoving the F&WRy's Santa Claus Holiday Special departing Fillmore Appx. 1:30pm and arriving
Montalvo about 4:00-4:30pm. Train will stage at on the West Leg of the Wye till about 4:55pm. Train will then head east, pulling, to
the Metrolink Ventura (Montalvo) Station. SEE FLIER FOR ALL THE TIMES AND STATIONS. If you plan to attend any of the 
station stops, please bring an unwrapped toy for underprivileged children. Thank You!!! 

I'll be the Conductor, so yell "Trainorders" at me so I'll know who you are!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/15 02:04 by StarshipConductor.

Date: 11/27/15 23:54
Re: Fillmore & Western Ry. Steam Loco #14 Running
Author: Harlock

This is a great little engine with a really outsized bark. Worth the trip.

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 11/28/15 05:25
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Wish we could have gotten it fired up when it wason the Dodge City, Ford and Bucklin RR at Dodge City, Ks.

Date: 11/28/15 06:24
Author: trainjunkie

Aw, wish I had known about this earlier. I would have dragged my kids out there. They never tire of watching steam locomotives. Alas, other plans have been made.

Date: 11/28/15 08:06
Author: px320

Glad to see #14 back in service.  It is a good looking loco.

Date: 11/30/15 17:07
Author: mikel

I helped out on the tail end of the restoration 4-5 years ago. Nice little engine.

AND yes, she's got GREAT stack talk/bark. Was in the cab several times while running and the noise is wonderfully deafening !!

Glad to see her back in action. Been wondering for a long time if she'd ever get back on the rails.

Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds