Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Steam & Excursion > 2926 site

Date: 01/30/16 10:14
2926 site
Author: UP3806

I will probably be passing through Albuquerque next Saturday and hope to stop to see the 2926. I would really appreciate if someone would give me the directions from I-40 eastbound. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Date: 01/30/16 13:25
Re: 2926 site
Author: NYC303

Get off 40 east at 12th St. exit. Don't turn at 12th but stay on the eb frontage road to 8th St. Turn right on 8th, go about 4 blocks, when you get to the tracks look to your right and it is there.

Date: 01/30/16 15:50
Author: highgreengraphics

Are you guys and 2926 still slated for operation later this year? What qualifications does your Engineer need to have, and assuming you run on the underutilized Glorieta/Raton route, will an Amtrak or BNSF Road Foreman have to ride along, and/or a pilot? What passenger equipment is available to pull behind it, and will there be a power/generator car, or does an Amtrak motor have to be behind 2926 for HEP? === === = === JLH

Date: 01/31/16 05:50
Author: Cumbresfan

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you guys and 2926 still slated for operation
> later this year? What qualifications does your
> Engineer need to have, and assuming you run on the
> underutilized Glorieta/Raton route, will an Amtrak
> or BNSF Road Foreman have to ride along, and/or a
> pilot? What passenger equipment is available to
> pull behind it, and will there be a
> power/generator car, or does an Amtrak motor have
> to be behind 2926 for HEP? === === = === JLH

Lots of questions there and lots of unknowns yet. What is known is that we are planning for steam this year, but getting off our work site for test runs depends on resolution of all the usual problems with number 1 being insurance requirements. Obviously we aren't going anywhere if the NMDOT imposes astronomical levels for test runs. Our BOD is working hard to get agreement for something more reasonable but I don't know the status. 

Date: 01/31/16 09:33
Author: TrackGuy

Cumbresfan, just checked the website and flipped through the last two weeks of photos. The reassembly progress is just great to see. That final to-do list must be getting shorter every week. Can't wait to see word of the first steam up. N I t that far off now.

TrackGuy

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds