Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Steam & Excursion > N&W 611 trip route questions

Date: 02/09/16 10:48
N&W 611 trip route questions
Author: BNSFDS

Myself and my railfan father are planning a trip to Roanoke in late April to shoot the N&W 611 on her trips between Greensboro and the Star City.

This is one line I don't have any experience railfanning and was hoping y'all would give me some pointers on where some of the better photo locations are.

Also, what radio channel does NS use on this line and are there any CPL signals left?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

BNSFDS

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/09/16 11:39
Re: N&W 611 trip route questions
Author: RNinRVR

To start with the train is using the 'Hurt' connection between Hurt, VA and Roanoke instead of going via Lynchburg and over Blue Ridge summit. There is very little opportunity to chase the train once it leaves the NS main at Hurt.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 02/09/16 11:52
Author: tehachapi-dave

Where do they plan to turn the train in Roanoke?

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out

Date: 02/09/16 15:21
Author: Jimbo

It will be turned on the wye adjacent to the passenger unloading location at the N&W station, now the O. Winston Link Museum.  On the south side of the main line.  It will be very easy to see.

tehachapi-dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do they plan to turn the train in Roanoke?
>
> Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out
>  

Date: 02/09/16 22:35
Author: AltiplanoRailtours1

The train will be wyed on the the south side of downtown, same line that continues onto Winston-Salem.

Adam

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds