Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steamtown's Jessup (PA) Excursion

Date: 05/28/16 15:59
Steamtown's Jessup (PA) Excursion
Author: Pattenburg

Decided to head to Pennsylvania on Saturday to try and photograph Steamtown's Scranton to Jessup excursion. This excursion was billed as "Celebrate Memorial Day with a World War II troop train, the Jessup Fireman's picnic and a historical tour." I managed to catch the train approaching Olyphant's North Valley Avenue grade crossing around 1:30. DL's 405, an ALCO C420, lead a three car consist of CNJ coaches. That first coach was empty but the remaining two coaches was packed. Had to feel a little compassion for those re-enactors dressed in the WW II military garb when seen walking around in Jessup on such a hot and humid day. Prior to leaving for PA though, I was stopped at Raritan's (NJ) Thompson Street grade crossing for NJT's 5512 and managed to snap this image of a safety slogan on the bi-level . The message on the side of NJT's 7056 certainly catches one's eye. 

Date: 05/28/16 19:07
Re: Steamtown's Jessup (PA) Excursion
Author: Tominde

Ant re-enactor pics?    Ashame they didn't put an RS3 on the train.

Date: 05/29/16 04:33
Re: Steamtown's Jessup (PA) Excursion
Author: Pattenburg

No re-enactors images as the only time I saw them was walking around at the carnival in Jessup.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds