Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Steam & Excursion > Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2

Date: 05/30/16 12:21
Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2
Author: Garrett15

• Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2 leaving the CRC at NWRM.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/30/16 13:20
Re: Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2
Author: wcamp1472

Congrats to Stathi...

He's done a great job of setting the valves on the 'ol Girl...
 It's EXTREMELY hard to do with such small drivers, -----  25-thousandths "out", and it'd sound as lame as a 3-legged dog.

On bigger engines you have bigger crank circles, much easier.
Plus they rebuilt the entire drive mechanism .... Back to brand-new dimensions....
Plus, I'd wager that he included some 'additions' and betterments that were not listed as options, in the sales catalog!!

Well done. -----If you close you eyes, it sounds like a Mike or bigger...

Thank you Stathi, for setting a high goal for craftsmanship, skill and an open-access attitude. !!!!!

W.

Date: 05/30/16 13:43
Author: Limited-Clear

Great video! Sounds like a Reading T-1 Hooter Whistle!

Date: 05/30/16 16:21
Author: SCPCno2

Stathi's locomotive, Santa Cruz Portland Cement #2 is a sweet engine, and he did a beautiful job restoring her!
You can enjoy seeing it, riding the train, and seeing the original 1895 station and museum exhibits at Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie, WA. 
Good times!

Date: 05/30/16 17:57
Author: Auburn_Ed

Despite the small drivers, that is ONE BIG 0-4-0.  And a gorgeous engine, considering its purpose.

Ed

Date: 05/30/16 20:45
Author: PHall

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Despite the small drivers, that is ONE BIG 0-4-0.
>  And a gorgeous engine, considering its purpose.
>
> Ed

She was built to move heavy boxcars full of cement. So yeah, they built her big.

Date: 05/30/16 22:15
Author: PorterNo2

Wes and everyone, thanks for your confidence! Scpc 2 has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life having met so many great friends (and even my wife!) along the way! I'm just very thankful to get the opportunity to let this engine strut a bit for everyone to see. Although I have worked on many engines over the years, this one is special to me. I grew up 3 miles from where it was a billboard for a fried chicken restaurant and played on it as a kid dreaming of steam locomotives. Life is amazing....

Stathi

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds