Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Steam & Excursion > AFT'S 40th, Family Foto's- 3

Date: 09/20/16 19:17
AFT'S 40th, Family Foto's- 3
Author: BoilingMan

Back at the Lair!  Pizza for All!

Photo 13.  Doyle thanking the Troops.
Photo 14.  Some Troops.  L2R:  Just over the guy with the black hat is Frank Donnelly (AFT Electrician- One of the AFT's earliest employees.  Very much involved in the train's design process).  At the table in front;  Al Phillips (4449 restoration & fireman), Sam Cooke (4449 volunteer in CA & AZ), and leaning in near repose,  Bob Slover.   If you read my TRAINS story, Al & Bobby were the ones who stepped aside one night in North Carolina and let me fire the '49...   now there's a debt I'll never be able to retire!!
Photo 15.  Meanwhile- out back.....
SR

Date: 09/20/16 22:41
Re: AFT'S 40th, Family Foto's- 3
Author: BryanTCook

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Back at the Lair!  Pizza for All!
>
> Photo 13.  Doyle thanking the Troops.
> Photo 14.  Some Troops.  L2R:  Just over the
> guy with the black hat is Frank Donnelly (AFT
> Electrician- One of the AFT's earliest
> employees.  Very much involved in the train's
> design process).  At the table in front;  Al
> Phillips (4449 restoration & fireman), Sam Cooke
> (4449 volunteer in CA & AZ), and leaning in near
> repose,  Bob Slover.   If you read my TRAINS
> story, Al & Bobby were the ones who stepped aside
> one night in North Carolina and let me fire the
> '49...   now there's a debt I'll never be able
> to retire!!
> Photo 15.  Meanwhile- out back.....
> SR

SR, I can help with some of the other names.  In photo 13, in mid-mouthful is Mattew Frazeur, who likes fixing steam locomotives but isn't bashful about helping set up and serve dinner.  In photo 14, the guy with the black hat is David Cautley, who leads the committee dealing with operating details of a building used by half a dozen groups and 3 or 4 competing capital projects.

As for the debt, you'll have to talk to Al for his part, but considering your work reminding all of us about the AFT, and it was  "My Dumb Luck" , paid in full.
Bob 

Date: 09/21/16 00:29
Author: BoilingMan

Thanks!
There were plenty of folks there I didn't know. My association with the 4449 pretty much ended in Miami 40yrs ago. I chased a few of the excursions, mostly in the 80's & 90's, but I've been on the outside looking in since '77.
SR

Date: 09/21/16 18:02
Author: agentatascadero

I find myself feeling thrilled by this occasion and for the attendees.  I have no connection to 4449 or the AFT, but am a big fan of both organizations.  Have one for me folks, I am there in spirit.  Many happy returns!!  AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0617 seconds