Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Steam & Excursion > Any YW 19 updates?

Date: 10/16/16 09:02
Any YW 19 updates?
Author: JDLX

In the news coverage of the YW 19 auction there was a statement I believe made by the sheriff to the effect the winning party would have ten days to remove it from the engine house. Depending on how one counts days, that should be up either today or tomorrow...anyone able to say if this has yet been done, or if additional last minute legal snags have been encountered?

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/16/16 10:18
Re: Any YW 19 updates?
Author: LoggerHogger

The Sheriff actually said the buyer had up to 10 days to pay and could move it when paid under the Sheriff's control  They buyer here paid the Sheriff just a couple days after the sale so the Sheriff is now out of the picture.

The buyer is working directly with Court Hammond to arrange the move.  They are discussing moveing #19 to Montague to load the engine on a flatcar there.

Martin

Date: 10/16/16 13:24
Author: spnudge

Martin,

I thought that part of the track was gone between Yreka and the interchange. Will all the rods be dropped to get it over there? I hope someone gets pics of the move.

Nudge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/16 14:34 by spnudge.

Date: 10/16/16 14:43
Author: sp4294

From what I was told by my friends that are still in Yreka, the day before the auction, Court had a stick or two of rail removed from in front of the shop to prevent the engine from leaving. Up until then, the track from the shop all the way to Montague was intact, except for the one passenger car sitting in front of the shop. As for actually moving the engine to Montague, I'd like to know how that's going to happen, since the one diesel engine the YW has, probably hasn't been fired up in 3 years, probably hasn't had it's annual blue card inspection done in maybe 4 years, and there hasn't been any track work done since around the first part of 2011 (I would know, I was working at the YW at the time) Also, there probably hasn't been any weeds cleared from the line, and I've seen the weeds so thick in a few places a light engine wouldn't make it up the hill from the Shasta River to the mill, and if you were walking along the tracks, there were weeds close to 6 feet high in a few places, (if you could even see the tracks). Unless some one has been out there doing some weed clearing, there's probably going to need to be a lot of work done to even get the diesel from were it sits near the new Fruit Growers Supply mill to the depot. And to add to that, the YW doesn't have a qualified engineer (or any employee). And moving the 19 to Montague will most likely end up being publicized, which will probably bring out the FRA inspectors (and it's been my understanding that Court has never really been in good standing with the FRA), so the move could end up adding more fines on Court Hammond (not that it would stop him) Also, I would be surprised if Court Hammond even shows his face around there. I was told that the sheriff was quoted to say that if Court Hammond had showed up at the auction last week, he would have arrested him on the spot.

Tim Stricker
Gillette, WY

Date: 10/16/16 14:57
Author: YWRR19

Everything Tim said is absolutely correct.

Also the arrangement announced at the sale and on the bidders registration forms were that the buyer would pay 10% down on the day of the sale and had 10 days to pay the rest of the sale amount and to move the locomotive off the property. Today marks that 10th day and I haven't received any phone calls so it will be interesting what happens next. Those of us who are intimate with the situations regarding the 19, the Yreka Western, and Court Hammond knew this wouldn't be an easy pay and go deal. You can't "work" with Hammond in any sense of the word.

Posted from Android

Matt Starman
Greenleaf, ID

Date: 10/16/16 17:43
Author: TonyJ

I hope they weld the engfine house doors shut again. Otherwise Court will help himself to parts.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds