Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam along the Greenbrier river

Date: 11/15/16 18:45
Steam along the Greenbrier river
Author: Shayno6

I was just looking at the extended season for the Durbin RR and at the bottom of the thread there is a address to see more pictures or information about the route along the Greenbrier river.  I've copyied and  pasted the address on my browser several times and it comes back negative. I know that 2101 or 2102 ran all the way down to Roncerverte before the line was wiped out by the flood in 1985 and finally abandoned. I would like to know where on the web some of the movies and pictures and books can be found I've not seen much in the past about that era in time.Thanks for the reply.

Roger L. Routzon
Medina, OH

Date: 11/16/16 06:55
Re: Steam along the Greenbrier river
Author: aehouse

The photo was taken of the first excursion run by 2102 on the C&O Greenbrier Subdivision on Sunday, May 23, 1971.  The Greenbrier River is in the foreground.  I forget the exact location but it was south of Marlinton.  All of this is now a hiking and biking trail, converted as such after the line was abandoned in 1978.

Art House
Gettysburg, Pa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/16 06:55 by aehouse.

Date: 11/16/16 19:11
Re: Steam along the Greenbrier river
Author: cutboy2

Classy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds