Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Steam & Excursion > When You Work These Docks You Had Better Be Kept In Top Shape!

Date: 01/22/17 04:04
When You Work These Docks You Had Better Be Kept In Top Shape!
Author: LoggerHogger

The Embarcadero section of San Francisco's waterfront is some of the most visited places in the U.S..  Visitors to The City are drawn to this area for it's commerce that can be seen in action on a daily basis.

This area was once home to the State Belt Railroad Of California whose job it was to handle the freight traffic coming and going through the many docs along the waterfront.  Here we see the pride that this rail line had in the appearance of their steam motive power in the late 1930's.

State Belt RR #1 makes quite a sight as she goes about her daily switching chores in thismost public of places in the West.

Martin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/17 04:11 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 01/22/17 08:50
Re: When You Work These Docks You Had Better Be Kept In Top Shape
Author: TonyJ

I took a photo of a State Belt Line locomotive at almost the same spot. Of course it was sbout 25 years after your photo and it ws a diesel. Thanks for the wonderful photo.

Date: 01/22/17 09:52
Author: CPRR

Good to love a classic 0-6-0 working the streets. Excellent photo

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/22/17 23:05
Author: wabash2800

Does it look much like an SP 0-6-0?

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 01/24/17 13:49
Author: RailRat

Yet another great, clear, detailed photo and write-up!, Always something interesting for us to see, Thank you Logger-hogger!..I gave a gift subscription to my brother, (SP/UP retired),told him to look for your posts!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 01/25/17 10:10
Author: Earlk

Am I seeing Southern Valve Gear?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds