Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 3985 7-30-1992 EB Elko,Nev. Pre-Departure Confusion Part 1

Date: 02/13/17 07:08
UP 3985 7-30-1992 EB Elko,Nev. Pre-Departure Confusion Part 1
Author: RailRat

It seems there was a bit of last minuit confusion for the crew and passengers this morning in Elko!... They apparently forgot to call a crew off a freight train to ride the special steam train, to fulfill union obligations, so the 3985's 8:00am departure was delayed to 9:00am, So they were going to preform an impromtue photo run-by on track 40, for the day's paying passengers, thus upon hearing about that from Bob Kriger, I stopped filming,and quickly re-located my cam position from East Elko Yard, to a spot further in, close to the anticipated runby, and started filming again. Then all of a sudden, Bob was kind enough to race up in the Steam Crew truck, and quckly said: "They pulled a crew off a freight train" and he hurried  away!, allowing me to charge back to East Elko Yard, and set up for Departure shot!..No Runby was ever preformed, but thanks to Bob's kindness, I was able to re-set up, in time to catch some great shots of 3985's front set articulating through the switches, and up-close shots of 3985, Steve,and Lynn!..But the confusion continues 25 years later, as It took quite a while for me to sort out these 8 to 10 video clips in proper order of time, from East yard,  to Central Yard, then back again! Please Have fun viewing!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/17 07:21 by RailRat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds