Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Steam & Excursion > Looking for Photos

Date: 02/16/17 18:32
Looking for Photos
Author: apollo17

I'm looking for any copies of photos of the Southern Pacific AC-9's. It doesn't matter if they were taken while in service or removed from service. I don't have any plans to publish them. I'd like to get them for myself. If anyone here has any of this locomotive class that they would be willing to sell an 8X10 or 8X12 copy let me know. Thanks in advance.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/17 18:33 by apollo17.

Date: 02/17/17 07:48
Re: Looking for Photos
Author: SFV-Dave

Hello Apollo

2 are available here
https://sphts.smugmug.com/PL-Steam-Locomotives/2884/AC-9-3800-3811/i-gT6s2SH

I am sure the internet can provide additional photos. Also, I believe the book on the SP cab-forwards has a chapter and photos of the AC-9s.

Regards
David

Date: 02/17/17 11:49

Thanks David. These photos you posted the link to are just what I'm looking for.

Date: 02/18/17 14:32
Author: HardYellow

SFV-Dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Apollo
>
> 2 are available here
> https://sphts.smugmug.com/PL-Steam-Locomotives/288
> 4/AC-9-3800-3811/i-gT6s2SH
>
> I am sure the internet can provide additional
> photos. Also, I believe the book on the SP
> cab-forwards has a chapter and photos of the
> AC-9s.

They were great looking locomotives. I remember riding east on the Sunset Limited. Going through the Subway, just east of the El Paso Depot, there was one crawling along next to our train. 
PM
>
> Regards
> David

Date: 02/18/17 15:31

Thanks for all the personal messages and the posts here on the forum. In addition to trying to locate photos, if there's anything anyone knows about the workings of these engines please feel free to post it here or message me. 

A BIG THANKS TO ALL!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds