Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chama: Lost Images

Date: 03/09/17 16:05
Chama: Lost Images
Author: CPengineer

Move along, nothing to see here.  Just a few "lost images" from the Cumbres & Toltec, circa 2016. 

OK, they weren't really "lost."   This just proves you never know what you'll find when you open Lightroom and take another look at what you shot.   Are these my best images from the trip?  Of course not.  Are they worth another look?  Perhaps (I'll let you be the judge of that).   These weren't photos that caught my eye after I shot them. However, maybe they're worth looking at again.  

These are scenes from a normal day - a weekday - on the greatest steam railroad in the world.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/17 16:07 by CPengineer.

Date: 03/09/17 16:07
Re: Chama: Lost Images
Author: CPengineer

Three more, for luck.  These were all taken the same day in August 2016.  

Date: 03/09/17 18:51
Author: TomPlatten

The K-36's are amazing considering they began operations in 1925. They are getting close to a hundred years old. It is a tribute to American workmanship and great maintenance people along the way that nine out of ten are still running!

Date: 03/10/17 03:40
Author: andersonb109

You indicated you feel it's the "greatest steam railway in the world."  I might be interesting to see what others think.  I'll start.  I'd rank the  Harz system in former East Germany higher. They have more serviceable locomotives, more track and a high service frequency over the portion of the line from Wernigerode to Brocken.  Working against them is they also run diesel services. Others in my top 5 would be Durango and Silverton, Ffestinog in Wales, and it's sister the Welsh Highland.  Numerous other heritage lines in England would round out a top 10. 

Date: 03/10/17 07:08
Author: Auburn_Ed

Argument for argument's sake.  

Ed

Date: 03/10/17 08:23
Author: dan

run little sheepies

Date: 03/10/17 10:02
Author: jcaestecker

Very nice, thank you.

Date: 03/10/17 12:38
Author: Sasquatch

Like Ol' Bill of the Great Northern might say: "See America First"...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds