Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chasing 844 West, Boise Turn Today, Photo Location Tips

Date: 04/22/17 03:16
Chasing 844 West, Boise Turn Today, Photo Location Tips
Author: RailRat

Me old stomping grounds in the 1990's. No guarantees nowadays. For those who may not be familiar with this area, this might be a good spot to film/photograph 844 working Up-hill, west of Glenns Ferry/Hammett,Idaho. From I-84 get off at Hammett, Go South through town to Old US 30,turn right, and drive up hill to 2nd access road on the right. The steep railroad grade starts at bottom of hill in Hammett working westbound. From this spot I pointed out, you can see down into Hammett, and get ready for your shot. This spot is about in the middle of Reverse/Medburry Grade. I outlined the the route, and then the set up location as best I could in Red Ink. I don't think any area to south of tracks is Trespassing, just remember to stay 12 feet or more away from tracks! The area I outlined is kind of high on the cut anyway, well out of 12 foot zone, and you have to look down into the cut from here, and provides a good vista of the area. RR Security around here may be on high alert, or not these days, Again no Guarantees, plus not sure if 844 will be working very hard with such a short consist? Maybe they will put on a show? Who Knows?..After train goes by, From here you can quickly get back onto Highway, and pace train into Mountain Home, It might get held up before that at Reverse Summit, But Probably not. Happy Documenting anyway!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/17 03:34 by RailRat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds