Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Steam & Excursion > A Couple Everett

Date: 05/16/17 14:24
A Couple Everett
Author: pennsy3750

Just a couple shots of Everett RR 2-6-0 #11.

I took a quick road trip to Altoona in early April. One of my two main objectives was seeing this engine. I used to shoot the Everett on a fairly regular basis was I was an underclassman at Penn State Altoona, but it had been over a decade since my last visit, and there was no steam back then.

First two are from Hollidaysburg...lots of changes since my last visit. A lot of the former yard tracks have been removed, and there was never a station here before, though the PRR at one point had one not far from here.

Last shot is stopped at Kladder station, where the passengers got off for an Easter egg hunt.

I did hike into the bridge near Milepost 10, which is quickly becoming "the" photo spot on the Everett, but the sun angle left something to be desired, so those shots went into the vault. I'll have to get back next time they run her to Roaring Spring, because I would really love to see (and hear) #11 climb the grade past Rodman Siding and into town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/17 14:26 by pennsy3750.

Date: 05/17/17 05:14
Re: A Couple Everett
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1264 seconds