Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Steam & Excursion > 844 sweeps into Omaha

Date: 06/12/17 14:28
844 sweeps into Omaha
Author: Copy19

The 844 blew into West Omaha with the Home Plate Special a few minutes ago with a nice whistle serenade and was by in a flash reminding me of the famous piece titled "Eight Seconds With 8444" written by a woman journalist years ago in Missouri about the engine passing through a small town enroute to the Worlds Fair in New Orleans. Our group consisted of a couple of fans, some fellow UP retirees and a friendly UP maintenance employee at Lane Jct.

My photos shows our bunch with my wife Pat waving.

JBOmaha

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/17 15:48 by Copy19.

Date: 06/12/17 14:53
Re: 844 sweeps into Omaha
Author: Bob3985

Nice John. I see Pat still joins along as well.
I exchanged waves with Ed up at the Archer overpass.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/17 14:53 by Bob3985.

Date: 06/12/17 15:05
Author: upheritage6

7Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice John. I see Pat still joins along as well.
> I exchanged waves with Ed up at the Archer
> overpass.

You have all the up steam attire on? Thought that was you but couldnt remember your face from when i met you at the train show a couple years back during depot days

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/17 15:06 by upheritage6.

Date: 06/12/17 20:41
Author: Copy19

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice John. I see Pat still joins along as well.
> I exchanged waves with Ed up at the Archer
> overpass.

Yep, Pat is a big 8444 fan. It's been quite awhile since we've seen 844 in person and it was almost surreal. It went by in a steamy rush with a bit of heat and a wave from the cab followed by a blur of yellow and it was gone. We stood around for a few minutes almost stunned, then shot the breeze with our fellow witnesses including Ann Walsh, former editor of INFO magazine and Pat, her husband who worked in the UP engineering department. God, time flies...

John Bromley

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0576 seconds