Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Steam & Excursion > 765 at Sox/35th Station

Date: 06/18/17 09:55
765 at Sox/35th Station
Author: inCHI

I brought a 6-year-old and 19-year-old to see 765 go by, and both thought it was fascinating. This is a simple video showing it at a decent speed past Sox/35th. I wasn't sure how early they would need to slow for the 16th St. diamond.

One thing I think might be really good about this years trips is that they pass through Chicago. If I recall correctly, last years were Glenview to Fox Lake, or, in any case, skirted the city.

La Salle St. station has the nice benefit of being highly visible, even when in the station, as the trainshed is above ground and has openings (compared to Union Station.) Makes me wonder how many thousands of people stumbled across a steam engine by surprise. That would make a neat video, to place yourself at a spot where people aren't expecting it and capture their reactions. Yesterday, a regular old Amtrak train I was on got plenty of waves, this excursion must have gotten a lot of attention.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/18/17 11:43
Re: 765 at Sox/35th Station
Author: AndyBrown

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Makes me wonder how
> many thousands of people stumbled across a steam
> engine by surprise.

Lots! It was fun to watch from the train; many people obviously just saw the train and jumped out of their cars or pulled out their phones to shoot a photo/video.

Great video at 35th St.; thanks!

Andy

Date: 06/18/17 14:41
Author: kevink

Nice video.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/18/17 14:55
Author: wp1801

That's almost British!

Date: 06/18/17 23:43
Author: 2472Don

Nice video capture. I believe a radar gun would register her speed at 55mph... if not 59mph through that station. In any event, that girl was hauling through there!

2472Don
Manoa Valley, O'ahu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/17 23:47 by 2472Don.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds