Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Steam & Excursion > As We Prepare To Return #4449 To Portland We Remember This!

Date: 06/25/17 03:58
As We Prepare To Return #4449 To Portland We Remember This!
Author: LoggerHogger

Our 2-day trip from Portland to Bend and back that we are in the middle of has taken us on the 4449 Crew over a year of planning. We are glad it has caused so much attention both in the railfan community and the towns that we pass through.

We recall back to 1984 when the "World's Fair Daylight" was pulled off as one of the longest such excursions to date. Again, good planning was needed top pull it off back then, just as it is today.

As always, I am so proud of our fellow 4449 crew members who come together to pull off these trips and make it look easy at the same time. Believe me, there is nothing easy about these trips in this day in age, but you can pull them off if you plan ahead properly.

Let's head back to Portland now....

Martin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/17 04:08 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 06/25/17 07:20
Re: As We Prepare To Return #4449 To Portland We Remember This!
Author: mikecnorthwest

We surely appreciate all the hard work. My wife, 17 year old daughter, and I chased the train from Vancouver to Wishram yesterday. After decades of being a railfan it was my first actual chase and it was a blast. Best thing about it is even my wife and daughter got in the spirit of the chase and had a great time. Have a safe trip back from Bend, we'll be at Vancouver depot when you come through later today.

Date: 06/25/17 07:45
Author: pipetrain

Great post Martin. The 4449 really put on a show yesterday. Thank you to the crew and all the people who assisted in making this all happen. Like you said a lot of planning!

Date: 06/26/17 21:49
Author: ProAmtrak

Love the shot Martin, that was my 1ST Mainline Steam Engine and I'm with ya, planning ahead always pays off!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0307 seconds