Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Steam & Excursion > Them!

Date: 07/29/17 16:32
Them!
Author: CPRR

Great movie, giant ants, interesting story. Next time you happen to see it, when the stars go to the bottom of the LA River to investigate the disappearance of two boys, there are tons of steam whistling, and even the top of a 0-6-0 switching in the background, roughly about 1:15 in. Filmed right next to the old switch yards next to the river.

The grad-daddy of all giant creature movies.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/29/17 21:23
Re: Them!
Author: wjpyper

One of the stars was James Arness, later known as Marshall Matt Dillon. One of my favorite movies.
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

Date: 07/30/17 09:37
Author: wpdude

And don't forget the ripped open Santa Fe boxcar. It contained SUGAR! Bahahaha!

Date: 07/31/17 20:26
Author: ProAmtrak

Saw parts of it, looks like that's on my to do list!

Date: 07/31/17 20:55
Author: flyingfred

I saw the movie when it came out when I was a kid. It scarred the heck out of me and as I was walking back home, a dog barked with a kind of screeching noise and I ran all of the way home after that.

-Fred-

Date: 08/01/17 15:50
Author: nycman

James Arness was even more scary in THE THING, which firightened all of us sixth graders so bad we called parents to take us home from the theater. Must have been 1950.

Date: 08/01/17 20:50
Author: wjpyper

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James Arness was even more scary in THE THING,
> which firightened all of us sixth graders so bad
> we called parents to take us home from the
> theater. Must have been 1950.

Yeah, it was 1950. I was ten. Went to the Saturday matinee with other kids. Scared the pee out of me.
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds