Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Steam & Excursion > Looking for a conductor cap

Date: 09/16/17 13:29
Looking for a conductor cap
Author: P

I bought a conductor uniform on ebay to wear when I volunteer at my local railroad museum. Came with everything but a ticket punch, however the hat is way too small for me and I need to find one that will fit. Does anyone make new conductor hats for sale these days? I would prefer a blue one to match the uniform.

On ebay, the site is flooded with children's Polar Express hats and engineer caps labeled as conductors hats, so it's quite a chore to search there for a used one....

Any help appreciated..

Date: 09/16/17 15:01
Re: Looking for a conductor cap
Author: davebb71

i ebayed "amtrak conductors hat" and yes the first couple are kids hats, but then at least 12 of them came up within the first 100 entrries. less than a minute of searching... none too cheap, but they are there. dave, out

weird, the difference in makes in searching "amtrak conductors hat" and "amtrak conductor hat". good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/17 15:04 by davebb71.

Date: 09/16/17 17:40
Author: mundo

At one time, uniform stores in the larger cities had them. But may now be lost due to modern times.

Date: 09/16/17 18:10
Author: SFREER

Another source: Miller Hats (easy web addy with a dot "you-know-what" at the end)

Date: 09/17/17 22:17
Author: Cupolau

They have one for sale at the California State Railroad Museum Online Store.

Date: 09/18/17 07:00
Author: ctjacks

Is Transquip in Chalfont, PA still around? They were the best source 10-15 years ago.

Date: 09/19/17 08:03
Author: Josta

I also collect conductor's and porter's (leather band) caps. They have all arrived too small for me, so I got a "hat stretcher" for $15 on eBay. Using a damp cloth and/or hair dryer for heat over a period of several weeks I was able to slowly increase the size by 3 or 4 sizes to where it now fits me perfect. It is also important to keep the hat stretcher in the cap when you're not wearing it.

John

Date: 09/21/17 18:49
Author: Rswinnerton

Try Keystone Uniform. Great hats. I've owned 2

http://www.keystoneuniformcap.com/transit.html

Posted from Android

Russ Swinnerton
Harrisburg, PA
Luxury Rail Travel

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0256 seconds