Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Steam & Excursion > SP Narrow Gauge Steam Lives!

Date: 09/21/17 21:51
SP Narrow Gauge Steam Lives!
Author: Alco251

God bless those who restored SP #18. She steamed today on some warmup runs at the Laws Railroad Museum, getting ready for a weekend of hauling passengers celebrating the return of the Slim Princess. May this be the start of something special here!

Date: 09/21/17 22:08
Re: SP Narrow Gauge Steam Lives!
Author: spdaylight

Great news . . . and she's a little beauty!!

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

Date: 09/21/17 22:42
Author: coach

This is amazing--I had no idea!  How much track do they have?  What are their dreams for the future?  I have to go visit and pay for a ride.

Date: 09/21/17 22:57
Author: DocJones

I can't tell you how many times over how many years I drove by the 18 wondering if someday she would run. Good show!

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones Sierra Madre CA

Date: 09/22/17 05:54
Author: LoggerHogger

We had fun running her yesterday. I was honored to be the first fireman on the Keeler Branch since 1959 as we switched the Laws yard for over 2 hours.

This is A fabulous bunch of talented volunteers who have worked for years to make this happen. I am impressed with what they've done in a remote location over a relatively short period of time

Martin

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/17 07:15 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 09/22/17 06:52
Author: zscale

For those who haven't followed, please check out our website at carsoncolorado.com to view the restoration work that has occurred and our up to date happenings.

We have been actively restoring since 2010 and only work on a few weekends a year. Volunteers from Durango & Silverton, Virginia & Truckee, Knotts, UP, and local folks with varying trades made this project happen.

Date: 09/22/17 08:43
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

This is really wonderful - that the #18 is running!

Clickable link to this RR's home page:

https://carsoncolorado.com/

Date: 09/22/17 13:24
Author: trainjunkie

I couldn't find it anywhere online but is the 18 going to be at Laws for awhile or just this weekend? I'm working in Alaska right now but might make a trip to Laws in October if it's going to be there for awhile.

Date: 09/22/17 14:21
Author: KMiddlebrook

LoggerHogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had fun running her yesterday. I was honored
> to be the first fireman on the Keeler Branch since
> 1959 as we switched the Laws yard for over 2
> hours.

Hope someone brought a few gallons of Journaltex for the various cars.

Date: 09/22/17 15:22
Author: patd3985

It's good news to see her come back to life! However, on another note...I thought about driving down to see the festivities, but when they said that "ABSOLUTELY NO DOG'S ALLOWED" on the museum grounds that put a damper on that! Hell, Ted, my Dalmatian has been in and rode more steam locomotive cabs than most people! A responsible dog owner generally keeps his pets in check. He's probably more well mannered than the "little snot nosed urchins" running around bothering folks!...I'm just sayin'...

Date: 09/22/17 22:13
Author: Alco251

Who says you can't turn back the clock?

Date: 09/22/17 22:36
Author: mleland

One of many to come from the night photo session with Steve Barry and crew.

Date: 09/23/17 19:15
Author: Coalca

That is awesome, well done folks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds