Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > AT&SF 2926 rebuild video report

Date: 12/13/17 14:48
AT&SF 2926 rebuild video report
Author: JohnMcIvor

Santa Fe 4-8-4 #2926 progress report video.
John McIvor
svsfilm.com

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/13/17 15:36
Re: AT&SF 2926 rebuild video report
Author: nycman

Thanks for that, John. The 2926 is a very exciting project and we fans look forward to the team's steam up and operation of the locomotive.

Date: 12/13/17 15:53
Author: BKLJ611

Very exciting times when you see your hard work finally all coming together.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/13/17 18:23
Author: Finderskeepers

"A fire in the boiler before the end of the 2017 calendar year" sounds good to me!

Date: 12/13/17 18:26
Author: HotWater

Finderskeepers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "A fire in the boiler before the end of the 2017
> calendar year" sounds good to me!

Hopefully, they have the fire in the firebox.

Date: 12/13/17 18:31

I was quoting 'Dr.Mike' in the video clip, I'm pretty sure they know where the fire goes Jack.

Date: 12/13/17 18:46
Author: NS19K

Lord knows they've taken long enough.They were supposed to have it in steam last year,then this year, and now next year. Kinda difficult to undertake a project of this size when only working a day or two a week.

Date: 12/13/17 21:24
Author: ATsf2921-4-8-4

My donation have been well spent and will be there when she leaves the nest. Says I.

Date: 12/14/17 07:48

NS19K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lord knows they've taken long enough.They were
> supposed to have it in steam last year,then this
> year, and now next year. Kinda difficult to
> undertake a project of this size when only working
> a day or two a week.

So let me understand this, a group of volunteers takes a derelict park engine, the largest of its kind ever built, rebuilds it outside in the hot New Mexico sun, raises 2.6 million dollars (taking no government money), builds a engine shed and inspection pit on a long abandoned siding along the way, all while running the most transparent restoration possible, and you want to slag them for not working 7 days a week?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/17/17 10:39
Author: Abqfoamer

NS19k---not mentioned was: the months-long difficulty in finding an affordable, useable, secure workplace...graffiti and worksite cleanup...theft and time-consuming re-make of essential parts before security cams were put in and private, former city police on-call guards were employed...keeping old, donated equipment (a 1976 railcar mover from Sandia Labs, a couple of very tired but needed forklifts) lurching along.

I've helped scrape some of the couple tons of scale out of '26's cramped, boiling hot tender one summer, helped keep the sandblast reservoir full of heavy slag while old paint was shot from its huge exterior.

Many 2926 volunteer workers working onsite Wednesdays and Saturdays year-round for no pay have families and other commitments.

Oh...kindly tell us how many rail restorations you've helped?
I can guarantee if you showed up and decided to payroll the workers, 2926 would be hauling NM tourists by next Easter!

Have a nice life.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/17 11:00 by Abqfoamer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds